Tofino Resort + Marina’s #TofinoEats Chef Series is back by popular demand. To make the event more accessible to locals, we have added the a la carte menu, meaning diners can taste the best of Tofino and the Okanagan for as little as one plate and a glass of wine, or dive in for the whole meal.
Chef Jeff Van Geest, executive chef of Miradoro Restaurant at Tinhorn Creek Winery in the wine-rich region of Oliver, B.C. will be teaming up with our very own executive chef Paul Moran to deliver a delicious and sustainable meal to Tofino diners.
A la carte menu
reservations strongly recommended.
A la carte menu
· Squid ink pappas arugadas, wrinkled new potatoes cooked in sea water + squid ink, seaweed salsa verde + espelette aioli $12
· Dungeness crab + ricotta + saffron tortellini, heirloom tomato brodo, olive oil $18
· Smoked black cod, ramen inspired bacon risotto, pine mushrooms $36
· Okanagwaiin pizza, wild mushrooms, peach, corn, pancetta, red chile, buratta $22
· Crispy lamb belly, parsnip, rye berry ragu, XOkanagan sauce $32
· Tofino Brewing Co. mash crusted beet, wood fired, 10 yr aged balsamic $14
· Blistered snap peas, smoked Calabrian chile, dried scallop, scallion, kelp $14
· Raw albacore pizza, calvo nero kale, red onion, oregano, parmesan, wood roasted lemon $22
· Veal tongue, mint pesto, kohlrabi, wood fired toast, horseradish $16
· Yukon gold gnocchi, outlandish beach gem oysters, chives, foot hills butter, black win $36
About Chef Jeff Van Geest
Chef Jeff Van Geest was born in St. Catharines, the heart of the Niagara region. His grandparents were farmers and taught him to respect what farm-fresh meant. With his culinary training at the Vancouver Community College, Jeff landed an apprenticeship at Bishop’s restaurant in Vancouver – one of the earliest pioneers in sustainable cuisine. He worked his way through the ranks to Sous Chef before leaving to start his own restaurant: the Aurora Bistro. Highlighting field-to-table and honouring the farmer/chef relationship earned Jeff a reputation in the restaurant industry as someone who walked (or cooked) the talk.
After closing Aurora, Jeff accepted a position of Executive Sous Chef at Diva at the Met. Yet at every move in the culinary chain, thoughts of Jeff’s grandparent farmers stayed on his mind and the allure of rural living grew stronger. When Miradoro called in 2010, Jeff answered by moving his family to the Okanagan and the heart of British Columbia’s agricultural country.
You can just as easily catch Jeff at Miradoro’s kitchen door buying produce from a local forager as you’ll find him talking to a group of 50 at a communal table dinner.
RESERVE NOW : https://www.opentable.ca/r/1909-tofino-resort-and-marina-tofino
FACEBOOK EVENT & INFO: https://www.facebook.com/events/292271398048191/